Do you need support, advice or information about discrimination issues?
Does your organisation need tailored training, support, advice or information about Equality, Diversity and Inclusion?
Do you need support, advice or information for you or your community group?
Who we are, What we do
Dorset Race Equality Council (Dorset REC) is a registered charity (No: 1104642) and a company limited by guarantee (No: 5018604). It is an independent and impartial membership body.We inform and educate regarding race/ethnic relations to:
- Eliminate and counter misunderstanding and negative political propaganda.
- Raise awareness of race/ethnic equality issues with both public sector organisations and private businesses.
- Challenge prejudice and disadvantage and promote the importance of a diverse society.
- Inform minority ethnic individuals of their rights.
- Strengthen community relations in Dorset.
- Work with partner organisations to influence policy and combat racial discrimination and racial violence.
- Uphold both the letter and the spirit of UK and EU law.
We hold the Advice Quality Standard, which provides you with assurance that we have met certain criteria that demonstrate a commitment to quality.
To find out more about AQS please follow the link: www.advicequalitystandard.org.uk
To read the full description of our vision, our mission and our aims, please click the button below.